We have now been in just over a month and made some excellent progress in getting the venue ready:
- 18 tables made, we just have a bit of finishing off to do with the lower shelf on some of them and add the edging to the tables to retain the Styrofoam terrain. Then its a final coat of green paint and matt varnish to protect the table top so we are not forever repainting it green
- Almost 600 carpet tiles laid – no more nasty cold concrete floor to stand on
- 50mm Styrofoam delivered – we expect to start making scenery late May
- We have started to furnish the reception area we have one sofa so far, coffee table and of course a table for the all important donut tray and coffee/tea making facilities
- Our office desks arrived along with PC and painting station – still work to do here but the office is getting there.
- Also lots of little jobs done, like adding vacant/engaged bolts to toilet doors, changing the manky handles on doors to new, and of course we continue to paint
- The stairs to office (or as some would believe the bar/observation deck) have been removed and totally renovated – they were somewhat worse for wear before that.
We have also managed to have a few fun games – our latest was a ww2 game using a small portion of the tables- 12x6ft)